Walking in the Rain

It was only a couple days ago, when the rain was sprinkling in the air. That day, I thought, "My dad won't force me to go walking, yes!" I was sadly mistaken. My mom, dad, and I trudged through the rain, walking our regular walk. This walk inspired me to write a poem:

Trudging through the rain
The rain floated to the ground
The clouds cried in pain
And the sun was never found

I felt the pavement splash
And the grass tinkle
Thunder struck, a big crash
And I cowered at the sprinkles

My umbrella wrapped around me
The rain a'tapping
The quietness surrounded me
And the clouds stayed there, napping

Trudging through the rain
Again there's silent pain
But I'll go through
Like a soldier



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Open Me📬: New Blog!

Luiaard's Crits #3: Who's the Boss?

Link, Watch Out!