Rachel Luiaard: Death of Walking

Rachel Luiaard
Age: Unknown
Death: Walking
Location: In the neighborhood in a very, very, hot Florida.
Time: 11:53 a.m.

Hahaha, sorry for being so dramatic. This was just to catch your attention of what really happened on May 16, 11:53 a.m.

I had just finished breakfast, and it was actually pretty yummy. Hash browns, bread, eggs--well, enough of that. Anyway, I finished breakfast and my dad said, "Let's go walking!" I am not one of those daughters that cry and sob until the dad says "Fine, no walking." Instead, I am one of those daughters that have no choice but to go along. My mother was obviously another victim of this walking cause, so she tagged along. It surprisingly felt beautiful outside, the wind blowing, and the sun tucked away in a blanket of clouds.

Next thing I knew, walking home was the opposite. The sun was beating down on me and it surrounded the whole neighborhood with it's scorching blaze. Then my dad led us to an even longer route, and all of us ended up walking 1.5 miles. Yes folks, 1.5 MILES!

By now, I was dying from the searing Florida heat. When my dad finally twisted the key to the front door, I ran across the house and flopped on the couch.

I lay still for five minutes, as if the couch had me in it's soft, leather clutches. The when my mom said the magical, holy words, I jerked up and ran to the table. Do you know what those holy words were?

"Do you want some cold milk?"

I hope you liked this post and comment down below if you think I should make more short, real life stories like these. Thanks for reading!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Open Me📬: New Blog!

Luiaard's Crits #3: Who's the Boss?

Link, Watch Out!