The Second Voyage

This is a story about a crew member on a voyage from the 1800s.

The ship was rocking from side to side, as if the ocean’s arms were cradling us. The wind billowed in the mast, and the boat creaked.

It was the second voyage, and it wasn’t the smoothest one. I tried to keep what little I ate inside my stomach, but stale bread ended up hurling off the boat.

Our captain, Phineas Copre, stood strong even through the harsh weather. He shouted to the crew, “Get on board! Land is approaching!” The words caught in the wind, but they rang loudly in my ears. There was land! After 39 days, there was finally land! I pulled myself up and hurried to the captain. We all steered and turned, the boat rocking even more. One of our crew members fell off the ship! I could hear the wooden boards creaking beneath my feet, moaning from all the weight. Lightening suddenly hit the mast! The boat shook, and a huge wave came hurtling toward us. 

Tune in soon to find out what happens!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Open Me📬: New Blog!

Luiaard's Crits #3: Who's the Boss?