Summer Poem

Here's a summer poem I think we can all relate to:

It's a little hotter
The sun is here
I want to put off winter
Just until next year

Vacations at the beach
Going where paradise roams
It's time to relax
But I guess I'm staying home

Still stuck in the house
It feels like a second summer
We can't have family outings
What a bummer

I could go swimming in my pool
Right out that door
I can be at a soccer game
Using socks on the floor

I can entertain myself AGAIN
I can try to talk to my friends
But there won't be an answer
With all the time they spend*

I look outside
In the boiling heat
At least ice cream season is here
What a treat!

I think about summer
And what its future holds
All I know is that
I think I'm getting old

Hope you like it! By the way, I post things around 3-4 (my summer work finish time) so hopefully there will be a new post for you there everyday :)


Some friends don't keep in touch even though they are totally available -__- *




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Open Me📬: New Blog!

Luiaard's Crits #3: Who's the Boss?