The Other Ship

William and I jerked up, rushing to see what had boomed the island. Phineas was stalking over to the edge of the shore, squinting his eyes. A colossal ship glided through the water, making the waves ripple like a blanket. Our ship—well, what was left of it—had been perished, the sea gobbling up the wood. As the ship floated closer, I could see a numerous amount of pirates. There must have been at least thirty! I scurried back, away from the shore. I clutched william’s hand and started running towards the trees in the middle of the island. “Jack, what are you doing?” he hollered, stumbling as he ran with me. “We have got to get away from those pirates, there are at least thirty,” I panted, looking for an area to hide. “We can’t run away,” William started, “It is our honor to fight for our dignity.” I stopped, looking right and left then back at William. “Well, there’s no point in fighting for your dignity if thirty pirates are going to destroy you and your dignity.” William hesitated, then said, “You have a point.” I smirked. “Of course, I always do!” Then William and I dove into the bushes. We still weren’t too far from the shore, but we were concealed with the palm trees and bushes. I watched as the ship neared closer, and as our stupid crew held up their swords. My eyes widened in surprised as a woman stepped off the ship, her gleaming dagger shining in the sun. Even compared to my crew’s long swords, her dagger looked like it could kill our whole crew with just one glare. Phineas, the stupid man he was, started laughing. “A lady has come to kill us, with all her other tea-time friends,” he howled, clutching his stomach. The woman held her dagger up to his neck. “Don’t you dare say another disgusting word about my crew,” she said in a low, quiet voice. “They would wipe out your crew in seconds.” “Well, bet your crew would be dead by now,” Phineas croaked. The woman’s eyes gleamed and a certain kind of fire ignited in her pupils. “Ladies, come.” Not thirty, not forty, but fifty women marched down a plank. I could see Phineas’ face turn a sickly white pale. “We surrender!” He blurted. The rest of the crew was in shock, but Phineas motioned them to put down their weapons. The woman said, “My name is Captain Werner Pratt. You will help us hunt, find wood, and you will obey us.” I turned to William, who’s hand clutched his sword so tightly I was afraid he would cut off his circulation. “William, we don’t stand a chance. If we resist, we die,” I say, looking at William’s sword handle. “But I have a plan...” William looked at me, wide-eyed. “You do?” He asked. “Yes, and it’s a good one.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Open Me📬: New Blog!

Luiaard's Crits #3: Who's the Boss?