Being a Baking Maniac!


Hello to all of you baking maniacs! Lately I have been baking a lot! My friend, Lydia, emailed me this amazing truffle recipe and I used it (although with too much cocoa powder :D) and it is delicious! Let me post an altered recipe here :)

1 cup semisweet chocolate 
½  cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract

Base flavorings:
Cocoa powder (I also mixed in some espresso powder)

Crush/ and or chop the chocolate into bite sized pieces, not tiny pieces. The chocolate will add a slight crunch to the truffle, so it's your choice how to chop the chocolate. In a medium-sized pan, heat heavy cream over low heat, until a light simmer. Pour mixture into the chocolate and wait 2 minutes (not too long or the chocolate won't stir well). Then add the vanilla extract. Stir until combined. Once you’ve combined it, put it into a bowl (whatever you have is fine). Allow to sit in the refrigerator for 1 hour or longer until the mixture is solid. Using a spoon and your hands, roll the truffle into a sphere then roll it in cocoa powder. Keep doing this until you've run out of the mixture. Freeze in the fridge again (30-60 min) and enjoy! 

I hope you enjoy the truffles! Credits go to: Cooking Foodie (the channel on YouTube I used), Lydia's cooking, and my cooking.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Open Me📬: New Blog!

Luiaard's Crits #3: Who's the Boss?